james-server-dev mailing list archives

From <Bruno.Mell...@nokia.com>
Subject Contributing a mailet
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:59:55 GMT
Hello,

I am starting an effort to create an anti-spam mailet for James.  I would like to contribute
it to the Apache James project when it is complete.  Therefore I want to make sure that (a)
It will be accepted as a contribution, (b) It is fully compliant with the standards, and (c)
It is absolutely 100% public domain and cannot be subverted and used for commercial products
or its design principles stolen and placed in somebody else's patent (so it will probably
need to be GPL or something even stronger).

Are there any formal procedures that I have to follow to accomplish the above?

In case I am asking for something in the docs, I am totally new to James and I have only read
some of all the available documentation, so far.  I plan to read it all next week.

Thanks,

Bruno Melloni