james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Grivnin" <al...@orsus.com>
Subject Mailet retries
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:41:56 GMT
 Hello,

 I'm new in the list and need an urgent help/suggestion.

 If James fails to send a message because of an unavailable host, it does not follows the
retries specification from config.xml.
 After the first attempt it sends to the log - "RemoteDelivery: Temporary exception delivering
mail ...", stores the message in "var/mail/outgoing/" folder and does not try to send it again.

 But restarting the server, it pick ups stored message and tries to resend it a required number
of times.

  Please, please help.

 Thanks in advance,

 Alex Grivnin,
 Orsus Solutions

--

 P.S. Some info:

  We use James 2.1.2 with Phoenix 4.0.3 running within JBoss 3.0.6 app server.

  Config.xml mailet section:

  <mailet class="RemoteDelivery" match="All">
	<outgoing> file://var/mail/outgoing/ </outgoing>
	<delayTime> 30000 </delayTime>
	<maxRetries> 5 </maxRetries>
	<deliveryThreads> 1 </deliveryThreads>
	<passThrough> false </passThrough>