james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Lindsay Smith" <lind...@wapdat.com>
Subject RE: newbie-question concerning relationship between matchers and mailets
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:30:08 GMT
I think that sentence "The matcher returns a collection ... " is a bit
misleading.

The matcher doesn't pass a List to the mailet.  The matcher says "for this
mail I am processing right now in this mailet as it falls through the mailet
processing pipe line does it match this matcher?".  Hence, why it returns a
boolean.

<mailet match="HostIsLocal" class="ToProcessor">

eg in the matcher/mailet if for the mail being processed, if the matcher
HostIsLocal returns true, then do the ToProcessor mailet.

There is nothing to stop you doing

<mailet match="All" class="CustomMailet">

and then putting the filtering logic of whether tp process the mail in your
CustomMailet.

Cheers
Lindsay