james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Holger Faltinsky/Denic <faltin...@denic.de>
Subject Avalon libs and JDK1.4
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:49:35 GMT
Hello everybody.

1. Avalon lib
-------------
It was mentioned earlier but I couldn't find any further information:

I would like to use James as an avalon application (phoenix 4.0.4) using
the released cornerstone- and excalibur- libraries. After I got james
v2.1.3 binaries/source from the server, I realized that the old
'cornerstone.jar' is still used.

Is there any time planed, when a new release of James is provided, using
the released libraries running in phoenix?  Or will the next release only
be a merlin-Application?

2. JDK 1.4
-----------
I tried to compile the source of james using JDK 1.4. I realized that the
code is written for 1.3.
For example: Some of the classes implements java.sql.Connection. This
interface changed from 1.3 to 1.4, so that only the 1.3 compiler goes over
this without any errors.

When is it planed to provided a released James for JDK 1.4? Will it be an
phoenix or merlin application?

Many thanks in advanced!

Bye,
Holger