james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Sánchez \(QO\) <rsanc...@qualityobjects.com>
Subject JNDI Repository
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:51:38 GMT
Hi,
I'm developing a new user repository, JNDIUsersRepository, for my own use. I have made a new
class, I haven't used LDAPUsersRepository because it has too many problems to solve. I thought
it was better do a new one, in addition the class "LDAPUsersRepository" has a inappropriate
name, this is my opinion.
My users back-end is a LDAP (OpenLDAP). This new repository is about to be ready, it only
needs encrypt passwords (SHA, SSHA, etc) for new Users.

I never have participated in an apache project, but I would like. I have read the pages: http://james.apache.org/contribute.html
and http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html but I'm not sure about the process for adding
new code.
How to decide if it is correct to add a new class or modify an existing one ?
How I know that there is no another person doing the same task ?
Who assigns each task to a developer ? nobody ?

In a future release It would be interesting to manage users groups, but for this it is necessary
to modify "UserRepository" interface and to add new commands in "RemoteManager", what do yo
think about this ?

Could anybody help me ?.

Thanks in advance.

PD: My english it is not perfect, please be patient with me. ;-)