james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Sánchez \(QO\) <rsanc...@qualityobjects.com>
Subject Re: JNDI Repository
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:58:04 GMT
> Roberto,
>
> This is good, and we welcome contributions, but you should know that Alex
> Zhukov has also already done a similar thing.  Have you looked at it?

Yes, I saw de Alex Zhukov's LDAP repository, but it supposed several things
that did not fit well with my "production server", for example:
    - The login to access POP3 account is the mail itself, I need the
userid, that is, attribute "uid" of my LDAP.
    - Adding a new user implies to modify a group in LDAP server, but it is
supossed the user already exists, I need create the user.
    - To check if a user is a local user, it searches in the group where the
users are included in the adding process. For me a local user it is a user
that is stored under a specific "Base DN" in my LDAP.
    - etc.

I don't say the the Alex work is wrong, but it's not what I need, at least
in this moment. On the other hand his implementation of a maildir repository
is interesting but I need the inbox in MySQL not on filesystem. It is
possible that the version I saw was obsolete. Where can I see the last
version of this software ?, perhaps in
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/james-server/src/ ?

> > In a future release It would be interesting to manage users groups, but
> > for this it is necessary to modify "UserRepository" interface and to
> > add new commands in "RemoteManager", what do yo think about this ?
>
> It is possible that once we start to integrate with JNDI that the entire
> user repository area will change.

OK, I would like to help in this task, if it is possible. Where is the forum
to discuss about the new architecture, in the Wiki ?