james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Sánchez \(QO\) <rsanc...@qualityobjects.com>
Subject Re: JNDI Repository
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:48:39 GMT

> ROberto,
>
> Noel wrote
> > It is possible that once we start to integrate with JNDI that the entire
> > user repository area will change.
>
> I would encourage you to make your JNDI work as independant as possible of
James, so that it can more easily be used when we change the way James
handles users.

It's reasonable,  No problem ;-)

> I want to see James use JNDI for user and mail repositories, and other
services.

> James makes great use of "programing by contract" and often seems to be
more interface than code, I believe this is one of James' strengths.
> It is not bad to create new interfaces and show us how to use them in
place of ones we already use, or to suggest changes to the existing ones. If
your changes are big make a new one and extend (inherit) the old one, if
they are small change the old one.

That's right. I'm thinking about a new interface UsersGroupsRepository that
extends of UsersRepository and similar solutions.
On the other hand the telnet interface is a good idea, but, at this moment,
the functionality supported is limited, It would be interesting an interface
more interactive, at least in a few important commandas like "ADD", I need
more data for a User, Complete Name, Address, Telephone, etc. and manage
groups.
I know these changes implies much work, but I say before I would like to
help in the project although I don't know very clearly how to do it. It's my
"first time" ;-), I talk about to take part in a project at "world-wide"
level, normally work with people groups whom every day I see.

I hope that you understand to me, I need to practice my "Written English",
these mails are a good exercise for that.

Bye.