james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: JNDI Repository
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:24:07 GMT
ROberto,

Noel wrote
> It is possible that once we start to integrate with JNDI that the entire
> user repository area will change.

I would encourage you to make your JNDI work as independant as possible of James, so that
it can more easily be used when we change the way James handles users.

I want to see James use JNDI for user and mail repositories, and other services.

James makes great use of "programing by contract" and often seems to be more interface than
code, I believe this is one of James' strengths.
It is not bad to create new interfaces and show us how to use them in place of ones we already
use, or to suggest changes to the existing ones. If your changes are big make a new one and
extend (inherit) the old one, if they are small change the old one.

d.