james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: Need location for new class: o.a.javamail or o.a.mailet
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:57:22 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

<snipped/>
> So ... do I create src/java/org/apache/javamail and start
> populating it, or
> do I leave HostAddress in org.apache.mailet?

Hmmm. My original suggestion was org.apache.JAMES.javamail but on
reflection, for types which do not have any dependencies on James, I'ld say
org.apache.javamail is better, as you suggest.

I would also vote for following the JavaMail package hierarchy. For
instance, handlers would live in org.apache.javamail.handlers.

Not so sure about what to do with JavaMail extensions that do have a
dependency of James. Introducing org.apache.JAMES.javamail as well will
inevitably lead to confusion, so it may be best to keep them in the (most)
dependent James package.

-- Steve