james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: Need location for new class: o.a.javamail or o.a.mailet
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 22:21:10 GMT
Serge Knystautas wrote:

> Preface: I don't feel very strongly about this and wouldn't
> veto any of
> the suggestions put forward.  But just to respond to some points:
>
> Steve Brewin wrote:
> >>- it's a trademarked Sun term.
> >
> > I believe that JavaMail is, but javamail is not.
>
> <snarky>
> pardon me while i xerox this note, drink a coke, and read e. e.
> cummings. (http://www.poets.org/poets/poets.cfm?prmID=157
> american poet
> most known by high school students writing almost all in lowercase)
> </snarky>

nice! did you write that in windows or on a sun box running solaris?

In truth, like you, I don't feel very strongly about this. The original
intent was to find a package name convention which would indicate a set of
functionality that specialized/extended JavaMail types without adding James
specific dependencies. o.a.james.util.mail would do the same thing, while
avoiding your concerns and those of Noel, who I recollect, wanted to avoid
o.a.mail.

-- steve