james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Deepspace <deepsp...@mailbox.hu>
Subject RE: Mailman Bridge Mailet
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:32:06 GMT
2004-03-07, v keltezéssel 17:14-kor Jonathan M. Schwehm ezt írta:
> Hi,
>
> Just a comment about style and Java usage.   Based on my limited experience in
> programming and troubleshooting errors through a development project, I find
> that
> cutting down on the use of global variables in a class lowers the chance that
> someone
> else editing your code will break it.

  In this case, this mailet is absolutly not thread-safe, however I
don't know that James simultaneously call the mailets service methods,
or always from one thread - in the former case it will cause some very
ugly bug (email-loss and duplication), in the later case it's just bad
practice.

bye
 Zsombor Gegesy