james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan M. Schwehm" <...@sfr-lawfirm.com>
Subject RE: Mailman Bridge Mailet
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:14:12 GMT
Hi,

Just a comment about style and Java usage.   Based on my limited experience in
programming and troubleshooting errors through a development project, I find
that
cutting down on the use of global variables in a class lowers the chance that
someone
else editing your code will break it.

Even though MailmanBridge may not be modified by anyone else, this is just
something
to keep in mind.  For example someone could mess with the variable 'headers'
somewhere else in the class, so why not just use a local variable when headers
isn't
used anywhere else in the class?

Anyway, that's my comment, and I don't mean to sound like I'm nit-picking,

Jonathan