james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Cheng <c...@joecheng.com>
Subject Re: Stream-based MIME Parser
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:42:49 GMT
 >> What I believe we want is code that reads through the MIME content
as a stream and issues callbacks for each header and part. For a part
(counting the entire message as a part), I'd like to be able to get the
raw stream and just read on it until the end of that scope. From that,
we can do a lot. <<

Noel, did you ever find a solution for this?  I could use the same for
my IMAP project and am thinking about writing it if you haven't found
anything usable.  From what I've seen, it seems like MIME parsers should
be really easy to write--except that many MIME producers seem not to
follow the spec.  (Danny, any tips?)

-jmc