james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Merge Status
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:26:10 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=james-dev@jakarta
> .apache.org&msgNo=9820.  If you don't think we should preserve it, let me
> know.

+0 here.

> One thing I am wrestling with is either committing merged portions as I go,
> which means that the MAIN branch in CVS *will not compile*, or waiting until
> it is all completed before committing.

I'd prefer you wait, with the assumption that the mega merge commit
would happen by the end of the month.

> I have also been looking at memory usage.  MimeMessageWrapper needs work.
> We should not need to load the MimeMessage at all just to work with headers.
> We should be able to add headers without rendering the body, although if we
> add headers and then save, we currently count on the fact that we are are
> writing from memory (otherwise we'd be writing the same stream we are
> reading).

Yeah, I would say more than just an individual header, but also
individual message parts.  For example, you should be able to add a
text/html footer to a message with a big image/zip attachment and not
have to load that image/zip attachment into memory.

Say, wasn't there a recent thread on jakarta about File.deleteOnExit()
being a memory leak or something?  What's the suggested way to handle
temp files then?

--
Serge Knystautas
President