james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Mailman Bridge Mailet
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:53:50 GMT
> > Why MailmanBridge?  Seems to be generic, so why not
> "PipedProcess" or some such?

> Because I was planning to add functionality that was specific to
> Mailman, to simplify the configuration of large numbers of lists

Ah.  Might make sense to factor it out into a base class with a protected
method for acquiring the command line to be processed.

As for your configuration change, I think you're going about it wrong.  Take
a look at the new mailing list manager in branch_2_1_fcs, and see how it
uses an external XML file, and pattern substitution.

	--- Noel