james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Merge Status
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:54:55 GMT
> > > We should be able to add headers without rendering the body,
> > > although if we add headers and then save, we currently count
> > > on the fact that we are are writing from memory (otherwise
> > > we'd be writing the same stream we are reading).

> Just dont call saveChanges()!

    public void addHeader(String name, String value)
      throws MessagingException {
        if (message == null) {
            loadMessage();
        }
        modified = true;
        headers.addHeader(name, value);
        message.addHeader(name, value);
    }

The message is loaded as soon as we call addHeader.  That is part of what I
meant when I said that MimeMessageWrapper needs work.

> > Yeah, I would say more than just an individual header, but also
> > individual message parts.  For example, you should be able to add a
> > text/html footer to a message with a big image/zip attachment and not
> > have to load that image/zip attachment into memory.

> That´s also possible as long as no content is added that need encoding!

> If you dont believe, try it, especially if you intend just u write back
> "this doesnt work" without verification!

How do you add it without loading?  Any of the JavaMail methods that modify
the MimeMessage require it to be loaded.

	--- Noel