james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Merge Status
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:18:52 GMT
I believe that I have the Mailet API updates done, as well as James.java,
MimeMessageWrapper, LocalDelivery, and others.

I've merged the LocalDelivery mailet code while trying to preserve the
additional functionality Danny had described in

http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=james-dev@jakarta
.apache.org&msgNo=9820.  If you don't think we should preserve it, let me
know.

One thing I am wrestling with is either committing merged portions as I go,
which means that the MAIN branch in CVS *will not compile*, or waiting until
it is all completed before committing.

I have also been looking at memory usage.  MimeMessageWrapper needs work.
We should not need to load the MimeMessage at all just to work with headers.
We should be able to add headers without rendering the body, although if we
add headers and then save, we currently count on the fact that we are are
writing from memory (otherwise we'd be writing the same stream we are
reading).

	--- Noel