james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: stream-based MIME parser
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:28:00 GMT
Serge Knystautas wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > The whole package is about 50K of code.  We should probably
> import this
> > through the Incubator as a pass-through for James.  I'm not
> sure if it would
> > be best to add it as org.apache.james.util.mime, and
> perhaps eventually
> > migrate to Jakarta Commons, or to include it within the Mailet API.
>
> Why in Jakarta commons instead of James?

I would favour a similar approach to jSieve and make it a sub-project of
James. James itself can make use of the sub-project once the required levels
of functionality and performance are achieved.

This would suggest a package name of 'org.apache.xxx', where 'xxx' is a
suitable (sub)project name. I would rather avoid 'mime' as it is too broad
and more indicative of mime extensions than a project, at least in my mind.

If required, such a sub-project could be spun off to Jakarta Commons at a
later stage.

-- Steve