james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: is there a way to use JSieve script model?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 19:56:34 GMT
Vladimir wrote:
> Hello,
> is there a way to use JSieve script model? So I can build a
> WEB GUI that will allow to modify sieve script not coding script.
> It is hard to deal with generated code.

I'm a little time-constrained right now, but as soon as possible I will
commit MDN support to the James v3. and v2. branches and a sample mailet to
the jSieve repository. The sample mailet will NOT be part of James at this
early stage.

The mailet replaces the standard James local delivery mailet, performing
local delivery processing according to a Sieve script referenced by a URL.
That Sieve script can be written via a text editor or a Sieve specific GUI
of which there are a few available, or you could cook your own.

Note that the mailet is only a test harness. A production ready version
would at a minimum allow user specific scripts to be invoked.

-- Steve