james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Short" <ssh...@postx.com>
Subject RE: http://wiki.apache.org/james/Embedded
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:41:03 GMT
Good work.  I haven't tried the binary way myself but it does look like the instructions need
a little clarification as you suggest - please feel free to go ahead and update the Wiki page.

Re: other app servers, I have successfully run James in WebLogic 6.1 and WebSphere 5 using
the JMX Launcher. For WebLogic I had to write a very simple startup class that loaded the
Mbean and for WebSphere there was an equivalent very simple CustomService class.  I have never
tried Oracle, but if it supports JMX it should be easy.

Steve