james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Labib Iskander, Marcus" ...@cm4all.com>
Subject AW: james 2.1.3: deadlock in mordred code
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:13:30 GMT
> > Do you have any reason to believe that there are legitimate reasons
> > for a JDBC connection to be active for several minutes,
> much less an
> > hour?
>
> I ran grep against the logs in my production environment.
> There have been 32 timeouts since August 2002.  Getting them
> tends to indicate a need to repair tables, at least in our
> environment.

Of course. Fixing this bug in JAMES is not addressing the real problem.

We have got a problem with a linux driver for the SCSI controller. Sometimes
it leads to loads greater than 100 on the machine hosting the database. That
is why it is crucial to us having the JAMES correctly handling a, lets say,
slow db server, besides fixing the server ;)

Thank you very much,
  Marcus