james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Labib Iskander, Marcus" ...@cm4all.com>
Subject AW: james 2.1.3: deadlock in mordred code
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:08:38 GMT
Hi,

> > > I am about to commit a patch to CVS.  Would you please check it?
> > did you send it to me? Can't find it!
> Was testing before posting.  Should be there now.

Looks fine to me. This patch surely stops the JAMES being brought down. Only
that a hard limit of 2 minutes seems very short to me (accepting the
possibility of a db server answering too slowly).
Can you guarantee that the message won't be lost? Im thinking of these
situations:
 - at the initial insert by the smtp handler the other peer should be
signaled the error condition
 - it stays in the spool even when for example inserting it into an error
mailrepository fails

> > In the first place I didn't add the second if clause.
> You didn't add the second if-statement?  It wasn't in the
> code in CVS, and it is in your patch
> (http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=james-dev
@jakarta.apach
e.org&msgNo=11303).

sorry. no native speaker. I meant: I added it later. But obviously before
submission.

Cheers,
  Marcus