james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Branch for v2 changes?
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:24:23 GMT
> Now we have branches build_2_2_0_RC and build_2_1_fcs, to which
> should I commit the MimeMultipart/report related changes to?

The branch is branch_2_1_fcs.  The build_* labels are just tags.  Since this
is a release candidate, I tagged CVS so that we could always check it out.

I believe that if I want to tag everything currently tagged as
build_2_2_0_RC1 as build_2_2_0, I issue:

 cvs tag -r build_2_2_0_RC1 build_2_2_0

I assume that if new code is committed and we need to make a bug fix without
including all of the new code, that we issue the aforementioned command, and
then explicitly tag the file(s) containing the bug fix.

	--- Noel