james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Need location for new class: o.a.javamail or o.a.mailet
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 15:45:23 GMT
> I believe the conclusion of this discusssion was to use
> org.apache.james.util.mail.

Works for me.

> I'm planning to commit the proposed changes, unless someone
> knows of a reason not to. Please shout if you do!

Risk?  As I understand them, there is no downside risk in terms of existing
code.  On that basis, I'd say go for it.

> Also, are we still trying to apply parallel changes to v2 & v3 or
> just applying changes to v2 now?

These are enabling Soren to add the DNSBounce Mailet, and don't touch either
the Mailet or Avalon API?  If so, commit to v3 first, followed by v2 (CVS is
happier when things are committed to MAIN before a branch).

FWIW, I found these two messages from Bill Shannon to be apropos:

http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0403&L=javamail-interest&F=&S=
&P=2999

http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0404&L=javamail-interest&F=&S=
&P=176