james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: AbstractRedirect w/ passThrough = false
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:03:15 GMT
> Looking at the code, I think that you're right, but ... why did we
> do it that way at the time? So many months have passed, so it's
> difficult to remember.

Not sure.  I went back to look at the code before we did AbstractRedirect,
and we had code like:

  reply = getPassThrough() ? new MimeMessage(message) : message;

but that is equivalent to some code already in AbstractRedirect.service().
The old code posted a message, rather than a Mail object, so it would have
always created a new instance.

While you're looking at the code, see if you agree that we might be able to
further optimize behavior in the case where we are only changing the
envelope (Mail instance), and not touching the message.

	--- Noel