james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Fowler <Adam.Fow...@ideagen.co.uk>
Subject RE: IMAP and maildir (and a bit of LDAP)...
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 09:10:57 GMT
*yey*

Phoenix 4.0.1

James Mail Server 3.0a1-imap2
Remote Manager Service started plain:4555
IMAP Service started plain:143
POP3 Service started plain:110
SMTP Service started plain:25
NNTP Service started plain:119
Fetch POP Disabled

Excellent! Haven't tested it yet tho, thought I'd quickly write down the fix
first:

1) Change JamesImapHost.xinfo so that the dependency "connections" is
JamesConnectionManager instead of the cornerstone stuff.

2) Copy main src/conf/james-assembly.xml file to imap2/conf and add the
relevant imap stuff to it.

3) Remove imaphost "provide" from James block (it whines otherwise).

4) Modify ImapServer's connections "provide" to use JamesConnectionManager.

5) Comment out the fetchmail block in james-assembly.xml

6) For some reason had to copy JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/ mail and activation
JARs to dist/james.../lib

7) build and run the bad boy.

I'll get a patch done once I've tested it and remove all the junk in dist.
(If anyone knows a quick command for this I'd be grateful). I haven't built
a patch before so apologise in advance!

Cheers guys,

Adam.