james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: James IMAP support
Date Sat, 08 May 2004 19:05:52 GMT
Mark Livingstone wrote:
> I've tried roadmap documents and old messages from the past few months
> but they don't say much about it's future plans. I know everyone is
> working hard to get the present RC out in its final form but are there
> any plans mooted for working on IMAP in the near future? (say 0-6 month
> time frame)?
>
> I just need to know so I can plan for the immediate future requirements
> I have and plan to help out with James in the future.

Getting IMAP to production quality is far enough away that it will not
get there by individual contributions, and will require probably one
champion to get it to a usable state.  At this point, the people who
have championed IMAP impl's are busy, so no guarantees it will be ready
in time to meet your requirements.

--
Serge Knystautas
President