james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Alex Zhukov's maildir patch - Licensing...
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 14:30:26 GMT
Adam Fowler wrote:
> Just noticed that Alex's patch uses javamaildir (javamaildir.sf.net). This
> is GNU GPL'ed code, but Alex is the only person on this sf project
> (proboez). As he's submitted a patch to James (and thus knows the code would
> be under the ASL) does this difference in license matter?

Can you be specific with how it's using the code?  Does it look like a
copy of the code, is it importing that package, something else?

If the original author is handing us code and can ack's that this makes
it ASL licensed, then we're fine.  If it's creating a dependency on
[L]GPL code, then that's a problem.

--
Serge Knystautas
President