james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Request for nightly builds ...
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 22:44:38 GMT
> Because I don't have the skills to confidently retrieve and build from
> source. All I would want to do is bring down the latest binary to
> install for evaluation / testing.

Ah.  :-)

> If anyone can point me towards a "Build James"-101 document then I can put
> some effort into acquiring the skills.

Well, you could download the periodic snapshots from CVS.  However, those
are currently MAIN, and most of the current work is in polishing off a
branch for release.

What you can do is follow the directions here:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html

when you do the checkout, you want to do

  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout
checkout -r branch_2_1_fcs james-server

[that is all on one line, in case the message got wrapped]

Then go into that directory, and type:

  ./build.sh

If you are building on Windows, you'd have to get a CVS client, and once you
have either the binary distribution or CVS checkout, you would run
build.bat.

	--- Noel