james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Livingstone <mlivingst...@iprimus.com.au>
Subject Re: James IMAP support
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 06:16:03 GMT
Serge Knystautas wrote:

> Mark Livingstone wrote:
>
>> Could you tell me just how useful is the IMAP support at present. I
>> just need something I can get mail from my ISP's POP server and access
>> locally via IMAP. At present I do not have domain although that might
>> come if I get broadband at a later stage.
>

> AFAIK, IMAP only has a memory-resident mailboxes, so basically the
> protocol is done but storage isn't ready yet.

I've tried roadmap documents and old messages from the past few months
but they don't say much about it's future plans. I know everyone is
working hard to get the present RC out in its final form but are there
any plans mooted for working on IMAP in the near future? (say 0-6
month time frame)?

I just need to know so I can plan for the immediate future
requirements I have and plan to help out with James in the future.

Thanks!

MarkL