james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Soren Hilmer <soren.hil...@tietoenator.com>
Subject Re: STARTTLS for JavaMail
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 09:18:03 GMT
Intent and intent, this is a snip from the README:

"This SSL/TLS support in JavaMail works only when JavaMail is used on
a version of J2SE that includes SSL support.  We have tested this
support on J2SE 1.4 and J2SE 1.5, which include SSL support.  The
SSL support is provided by the JSSE package, which is also available
for earlier versions of J2SE.  We have not tested such configurations"

I read this as: if it works with anything but J2SE 1.4/1.5 you are in luck, if
it does not don't blame us ;-)

An yes, this could be a feature that will push our users toward 1.4+.

--Søren

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 06:15, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > I am currently testing an early access release of JavaMail 1.3.2,
> > and this versions implementation of STARTTLS, does not work under
> > JDK 1.3.
> >
> > the readme states it has only been tested against JDK 1.4 and 1.5
>
> Is there any intent for it to work with JDK 1.3, or is this providing a
> capability that will tend to push our users to JDK 1.4+?
>
> 	--- Noel

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager		Phone:	+45 70 27 64 00
TietoEnator IT+ A/S	Fax:	+45 70 27 64 40
Ved Lunden 12		Direct:	+45 87 46 64 57
DK-8230 Åbyhøj		Email:	soren.hilmer <at> tietoenator.com