james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject jdbc3.present
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:34:55 GMT

In the build procedure for james there is a test to see if the jdk that
the build is running in contains java.sql.SavePoint.  The presence of
this class causes the replacement of a token in the following file:

   org/apache/james/util/mordred/PoolConnEntry.java

This means that the build result is dependent on the build environment
in which case there would in principal be two binary distributions of
james, one that is JDBC3 compliant, and another that is not.  Can anyone
confirm if this differentiation is needed or if I'm just looking at
something I shouldn't be worried about?

Cheers, Steve.