james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Container direction for James
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:20:32 GMT

James
> directional thinking regarding containers?

Just for clarification on this point - yes, Merlin is morphing into
Metro - a new project hosted under the Digital Product Meta Library [1].
The team is actively working on the Metro platform and has in place
complete support for the Avalon 4.2 framework component model, and,
concurrent execution of pure Metro component solution.

I have been doing periodic builds of James and running under Merlin for
about a year or so.  Metro's support for source and binary compatibility
with Avalon will ensure that existing James configurations for Merlin
will work out of the box under the Metro platform.

Cheers, Steve.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=109782104731231&w=4