james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: Sieve Proposal (Request For Comments)
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:29:57 GMT
Kirk Chen wrote:

> Hi, Steve,
>
> We are looking for a java implementation of sieve, and
> I found your message in the james mailinglist archive
> dated 11/27/03. I looked into apache james 2.2.0,
> which doesn't seem to contain any sieve implementation
> code yet.
>
> Could you tell me the current status/plan/pointer for
> any open source implementation?
>
> Thanks much!
> - Kirk

Hmmm. I guess we should add a pointer in the main James page under
subprojects. jSieve exists as a subproject of James and its SVN repository
is https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/jsieve. The core functionality is
complete and ready for integration into any Java environment, but it hasn't
really been tested in the real world. It is designed to be pluggable into
any Java code - I use it within a mailet wrapper, I doubt anyone else does.

It isn't part of James yet as to be functional it requires a MessageStore to
expose a set of operations comparable with those provided by IMAP.  Others
are working on an IMAP store for James. When this is done it should be a
short step to integrate James and jSieve.

-- Steve