james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "J Aaron Farr" <fa...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Container direction for James
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:16:46 GMT

JMX.

But JMX isn't a container standard.  It's for instrumentation and has been
abused to be a container standard.

For dependency and service resolution, constructor dependency injection is
becoming more and more common.  That doesn't solve lifecycle handling or
the numerous other aspects of container programming though.

The Eve server in the incubator directory project was designed to be
dropped in just about any container.  I haven't looked at it myself, but
from what I understand it's a pretty good design.  You could look there
for inspiration.

jaaron