james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Container direction for James
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:12:45 GMT
Hes Siemelink wrote:
> James should run on a platform that is supported.

My concern is to have a platform that is known and works.  There's an
expression that you prefer the devil you know to the devil you don't.

I'd rather not have Merlin/Metro cuts it's teeth on James, at least not
through us.  If they want to run it and bug-fix their framework
independently, that's certainly fine.

> On broader perspective, I hope that James will become container independent and only
has ties to well-established Java APIs and de facto standards, so eventually it can be dropped
into any environment, for example an appserver like JBoss.

Ah, but what is a well-established Java API for containers?

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501