james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Soren Hilmer <soren.hil...@tietoenator.com>
Subject Re: Repositories
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:17:05 GMT
I feel very badly about doing that, as we suddenly demand installation of a DB
to run James.

I believe this is a major drawback for the installed userbase, much greater
than a change from Java-1.3 to Java-1.4.

I must admit that I have not followed the IMAP discussions closely, could you
perhaps sum up, what the problem with the filebased repositories are in
regard to IMAP?

--Søren

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 11:34, Jason Webb wrote:
> I've only played with Cloudscape before (Derby's forerunner if you don't
> know, I'm sure Danny does!). How would people feel about dropping file:
> support altogether and only using db: repositories then?
> However this would mean that dbfile: wouldn't work. I don't want to kill a
> feature "accidentally" that a lot of people rely on.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> -- Jason

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager		Phone:	+45 72 30 64 00
TietoEnator IT+ A/S	Fax:	+45 72 30 64 02
Ved Lunden 12		Direct:	+45 72 30 64 57
DK-8230 Åbyhøj		Email:	soren.hilmer <at> tietoenator.com