james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: site process
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:19:22 GMT
Steve Brewin wrote:

>>From: Steve Brewin wrote:
>>

><snipped>
>

>>Right now we:
>>

>>>1. checkout james
>>>2. edit the xdoc
>>>3. run ant task to transform
>>>4. review HTML and return to step 2 as necessary
>>>5. commit xdoc and html
>>>6. ssh in and update the html
>>>

>Come to think of it, now we are using SVN, we could use a commit hook to
>automagically perform (6) for us on performing (5).

Good idea!

A while back I was actually thinking of using James to catch emails from
svn commits and drive the build which includes site generation.  The
contact person responsible from the site can get notification to review
the content then just reply to have the site updated/published.

This way I can do all this stuff on my own hardware then push it back up
to ASF machines via sftp or just commiting to the sitedoc region to the
publish content.  No need to be on infra team, modify svn setup or waste
ASF server cycles.

Alex