james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: site process
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:47:44 GMT
Steve Brewin wrote:
>>To reply to the point about WYSIWYG and xdocs Maven has an HTML2XDOC
>>plugin which takes simple HTML and generates valid xdocs.
>>And it works. It means that you can have HTML with only sematic tags
>>(not stylistic ones) and let the xdoc transform add the style. Since I
>>started doing this I've _never_ had xdocs which choke the transformer
>>with invalid markup.

Sounds interesting, though I'm still more interested in the document
publishing system (I guess that's what it's called.  just editing the
site rapidly in my words).

Two questions...
- would this require us to use Maven?
- how much have you used it?  Looking at the code, it seems like it
requires a nicely formatted DOM object to start, suggesting you use Tidy
first.

[http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/html2xdoc/xref/index.html]

--
Serge Knystautas