james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Two ideas
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:25:49 GMT
It's been a slow day goofing around and installing Fedora, so here are
two thoughts I'd throw out for any feedback:

1. Take 2.1.x code and make it MAIN, and put current MAIN into a new branch.

I don't know if this makes it easier/harder for site upgrades.  I know
how to do this in CVS, and assume the same technique would basically
work in SVN.

2. Use a disassembler (I like JAD) to at least get .java files for all
of Avalon that is running 2.1.x.

Not to suggest we want to stay with this, but it would at least give us
some source and get us closer to being able to upgrade individual
components or otherwise work with the blackbox.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501