james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Repositories
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:08:59 GMT
Jason Webb wrote:
> One repository to rule them all, one repository to find them. One repository
> to rule them all and in the darkness bind them :) (Apologies to JRR
>
> One of my primary design goals is to make sure the user can access their
> email using POP3 or IMAP4 in whatever way they choose. I will implement the
> file based repositories to have the required methods for IMAP. This will
> involve changes to the cornerstone classes. Is the best thing to do with
> these changes to move them into James proper or to attempt to submit changes
> to the Cornerstone project?

And NNTP, if possible (I never use it, but would love to unify things).

I would focus on designing a new API to our specific needs, and provide
migration utilities for existing users.  Cornerstone was designed for
ad-hoc usage, not tailored to our needs, so I would migrate away
regardless of its history or current ownership.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501