james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: site process
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:28:42 GMT
> 1) The document source format which is difficult to develop and
> maintain without a WSIWYG editor that natively supports the
> chosen format.

Really?  I do it all by hand in emacs.

> 2) The task(s) used to transform each document from source format to
>    presentation format.

We have that in our build process: ./build.sh website.  I didn't realize it
ws a problem.

> 3) The organisation of the content.

That I do agree needs to be adjusted.

> 4) The build tool used to drive the task(s) in (2).

I'd suggest that we move to a modern version of Ant.

> I took a quick look at Apache Forrest

Forrest is nice, but has had some stability issues.  However, if Nicola
and/or David are willing to help out, I'd be find with Forrest.

	--- Noel