james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Gabor Kincses <npure2...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Disabling the spool in James 2.2.0?
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 01:06:04 GMT

--- Steve Short <sshort@postx.com> wrote:

[snip]

 - James uses temp files in the
> java.io.tmpdir to store the
> messages while they are still being received.  Only
> when the message is
> complete is it then stored in the spool repository
> as the
> FileStreamStore and a FileObjectStore files you
> mention.

Ok, I found it.  MimeMessageInputStreamSource should
really be called MimeMessageFileInputStreamSource,
then a MimeMessageByteArrayInputStreamSource could be
written, which stores the freshly parsed out message
in  a static hash of ByteArrayInputStreams instead of
temp files.  The dispose method would remove the entry
from the hash.

Am I making sense?

Thanks,
Gabor

P.S. Oops, I'm drifting into -dev territory...

> Cheers
> Steve

=====
Gabor Kincses