james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Gabor Kincses <npure2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Disabling the spool in James 2.2.0?
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 05:29:50 GMT
--- Serge Knystautas <sergek@lokitech.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Actually, make a copy of AvalonMailRepository and
> AvalonSpoolRepository,
> calling them MemoryMailRepository and
> MemorySpoolRepository (or
> whatever).

Ok, reworked my code to fit your spec.  Attached are
the changes.  Note the inner class:
MemorySpoolRepository$MemoryStreamRepository.

As far as my first change is concerned
(MimeMessageByteArrayInputStreamSource vs.
MimeMessageFileInputStreamSource), can that also be
selected from the configuration?

>  At the end of your config file, you can
> see how to define
> memory: as a mail and spool repository that points
> to that new class.
> Then for various configurations you could switch
> from file://foobar to
> memory://foobar.

Almost.  memory://fubar blows ugly chunks.  I had to
change references to Avalon* to Memory* and the
File_Persistent_Stream_Repository to
MemorySpoolRepository$MemoryStreamRepository.

> This would allow us to bundle your in-memory version
> and let people
> switch as they want.
>
> --
> Serge Knystautas
> Lokitech >> software . strategy . design >>
> http://www.lokitech.com
> p. 301.656.5501
> e. sergek@lokitech.com

=====