james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Raw <cr...@quirk.co.za>
Subject Fast-fail with virtual users
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:19:44 GMT
I've been taking another look at the number of messages ending up in deadletter with "relaying

denied", and for the current month it is nearing 1.5 Gbs. Bandwidth costs make me need to
look again
at fast fail to reduce this.

All of my users are mapped via the JDBCVirtualUserTable mailet, so a quick fix solution would
be to
add some code in the doRCPT() method of SMTPHandler to perform the same SELECT statement on
the
recieved address, and return a 550 if no results are returned.

Does this sound reasonable? Should I be more concerned about address harvesting?

Thanks,
Craig