james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Raw <cr...@quirk.co.za>
Subject Re: Fast-fail with virtual users
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:16:07 GMT
Hi Noel,

Thanks for your help.

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> I don't have any, because I switched over to fast-fail ages ago.  I have
> tons of SPAM that I want to eliminate at fast-fail time, but no relay
> denied.

Could you describe the fast-fail solution you have implemented?

>>All of my users are mapped via the JDBCVirtualUserTable mailet
>

> That should not make any difference.  The address at which they receive
> e-mail on your server should be one of the ones defined as local.

Unfortunately, I've lost you here. In my case, I have an email address like john@xyz.com being

translated into ojohn@localhost, as far the recipients list in the inbox/spool is concerned.
All
non-matching addresses are left untranslated and seen as non-local. (Doing it this way allows
me to
avoid having to restart the server on adding a domain). Thus, the VirtualUserTable is the
only way
of knowing whether john@xyz.com is valid.

Craig