james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JavaMail API and SMTP transport for Geronimo
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:45:57 GMT
Unfortunately, at this time Apache can't use or distribute GPL or even
LGPL code; efforts are in progress to allow projects to import LGPL code
but, as is usual with legal issues, this is likely to take time to
resolve. For use in Geronimo, we would also need to know that the
version we were distributing passed the CTS for JavaMail.

We have also been working with Sun over the last 18 months to try and
resolve the issues with their license, and will continue to do so.

--
Jeremy