james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Zhukov <zhu...@ukrpost.net>
Subject Re: [James-NG] Avalon-free James proposal and reference implementation
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:31:23 GMT
Steen Jansdal wrote:
> Alexander Zhukov wrote:
>
>>     - single file groovy-based configuration
>

> IMO configuration should be located in the database.
>
> Changes to configuration should not require a restart of
> the mail server.
This can be done by MBeans
I didnt mention the MBeans part of my jamesng on purpose just not to
complicate things, but i have written two example MBeans +
MBeansConfig.groovy as an example of configuring MBeans.

As for configuration in the database - you can store groovy file in the
db - no problem
OR alternatively
all settings (like cache size, repository types, etc) can be stored in
db and groovy config script can fetch them on startup from database
groovy has built-in sql capabilities so that should be pretty straight
forward to implement by admin

refer to
http://groovy.codehaus.org/Groovy+SQL
for more details of sql in groovy