james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Zhukov <zhu...@ukrpost.net>
Subject Re: [James-NG] Avalon-free James proposal and reference implementation
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:30:08 GMT
Three to four month ago, before I looked into groovy, I would agree with
you completely and say - "groovy go away".

I invite you to look at configuration examples in groovy and you'll
understand its more understandable than xml and more flexible since flow
programming in xml is very much complicated and everybody has to invent
his own brand new xml format for the job.

Groovy has the same syntax as java and runs ontop of java - no need to
learn something new, while jython has python syntax which pretty
different to that of java.