james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <danny.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [James-NG] Avalon-free James proposal and reference implementation
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:04:07 GMT
> On a serious note, with a good container & IoC design the effort should
> be in the application interfaces and the POJOs that implement them
> rather than in the container framework being used.

Yep I agree with this.

I think James would secure itself most against the future by
developing a set of functional POJO's independant of any container.

It would then be the responsibility of those who care to assemble them
into a deployable entity for the container of their choice.

James could maintain one or more of these deployment sub-projects so
that we could always deliver a fully working solution, but we'd also
be delivering mail server functionality which could be widely embedded
and integrated into a vast range of systems.

d.